I have seen several virtual tarot services this week and it made me think of the many times I have been asked: does virtual tarot work? However, the answer to this is not that simple and lies mainly in how you approach them and maybe even what your level of knowledge is in the first place. So I thought I’d put together some pros and cons of using virtual tarot so that you can feel capable of making fully informed decisions.
But first of all, what is the virtual tarot? For the most part, these are automated online tarot services that randomly present you with a series of tarot cards of your choice after you’ve asked a question. They will provide you with an explanation of what each card means so that you can understand the answer. The random nature of the cards is said to represent the apparent random choice of cards by you or your tarot reader.
The cons of using virtual tarot
- First of all, there is more to interpreting the meaning of tarot cards than just their individual meaning. An experienced reader will know all the different types of meanings, the nuances, the combinations of the cards as they are drawn together, as well as the relevance of the order of the cards. So it can be a bit simplistic to give you a real picture.
- The drawing of the cards may seem random, but in fact, tarot readers believe that it is based on energies and connections. Therefore, it is your energy or that of your reader that is being used and the appropriate cards will be presented because of this.
- Orientation may be lost. The virtual tarot can tell you what the cards mean, but does it tell you what the cards urge you to do to make things better? This is where the true beauty of tarot lies for me and it helps us navigate our way through the crazy maze of life!
The advantages of the virtual Tarot
- The virtual tarot is certainly fun! Mostly, there are disclaimers to let you know that this is for your entertainment only, but you can still enjoy being drawn into the mystical world of tarot and marveling at the different appearance of each card.
- It’s also very fast, so if you have a pressing question, you can take an instant look to see if you get any interesting answers.
- Virtual tarot can be a great way to learn more about tarot cards without having to try too hard. In no time, you will begin to recognize the cards and be aware of the kinds of energies and meanings they carry with them. You may even find that they have personal meaning to you after a while. I wouldn’t recommend it as a substitute for studying books or learning from professionals, but as mentioned above, it can certainly be a fun way to get some ideas of what it’s all about!